I always weigh out the ingredients in advance and have everything I need to hand, as Sophie stands on a chair at the kitchen table to help. This way I can stay with her. I let her add all the ingredients (apart from the hot butter) and give them a good mix. I do have to keep a close eye on her otherwise she would eat everything before it gets to the oven! I also have to watch she doesn't chuck everything everywhere, including over me, so an apron for both of us is a must.
I loved the design of the apron, its quite short, which is perfect for me, and the ties are long enough for it to fit any size. The lightweight 100% cotton material was lovely for a hot kitchen and it kept my clothes nice and clean, I also really like the patriotic red, white and blue design - a great buy for the price!
- 250g porridge oats
- 100g butter
- 100g raisins (or any other dried fruit)
- 80g golden syrup
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees, grease or line a swiss roll tin
- Melt the butter in a pan or the microwave
- Mix together all the ingredients
- Add the mixture to the swiss roll tin and press down well
- Bake in the preheated oven for approx 30 mins
- Leave in the tin to cool, then cut up in the tin ready to serve
Disclaimer - I was sent this apron free of charge for the purpose of this review